Monday, November 10, 2008

RIP GUS

Gus, the World's Ugliest Dog died today after his battle with cancer.



You're probably already aware of Gus' passing. He was a real trooper, and most of us could see past his unfortunate physical features, that revealed his natural beauty.

Gus came from humble beginnings.......He was an abused Chinese crested dog, rescued from a bad home. He lost one leg because of a skin tumor, and one eye in a cat fight.

He went on to win the coveted title of World's Ugliest Dog at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Northern California. His adoptive parents used his winnings to pay for his radiation treatments.



We will miss you Gus.

7 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

Poor little guy.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Oh, I hate hearing things like this, although thank goodness his last days were spent in a loving, caring environment.

Katrine said...

Poor Gus. I'm sure he's beautiful in his resurrected form!

Unknown said...

This made me so sad. I think he was beautiful though. Because he was loved! Love makes things beautiful, doesn't it? I've been praying for you and your family all day today. I don't know why. Maybe because I saw all of those pictures this weekend. I have also been praying for soldiers with no where to go at Thanksgiving. I so appreciate all that they do for us.

Anonymous said...

I hate to rock the boat but will we really miss Gus? I can't honestly say I will! :)

Caroline said...

Well we know he is in a better place...and I bet he's a handsome devil getting lot's of action ;)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ha! Ha! I thought you knew this dog from the "compound", but then I just saw the news story on my homepage. He's like ET, so ugly that he's cute.