Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hey, I Know That Lady!

Here's how the mail routine goes down around here. I don't get bills in the mail....well I do, but I also get them all electronically through email at least a week before they arrive in the mail, and they are already paid electronically. I write one check a month, for my rent because if they don't have an electronic bingo board they don't have a website, so no electronic payments.

Back to the mail routine.....I go to my mailbox, popularly referred to as the gossip pit, about twice a week. Usually it's just to empty out the weekly circulars and ads....they get filed right into the trash can that's chained to the post. Yeah, like someone would steal it?




I never read these circulars and ads, but today.....I was board. I sat on the couch and started shuffling through all the circulars and flyers.



Then I looked at the Walmart ad because I knew they'd have some great deals...like the wii, and the ipod shuffle.


then something caught my eye.....




Something looked familiar....very familiar!




Hey, I know that lady!!! Yes, it's one of my favorite bloggers, Big Hair Envy. Take a minute to visit her blog. Tell her Grandma J sent you...or maybe not.

8 comments:

heartshapedhedges said...

Am I missing something? Is that you (circa 1966?)

Hula Hank said...

Oh heartshapedhedges, grandma j was only born in 1967.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I'M HAVING LUNCH WITH THAT GIRL TODAY IN ORDER TO PLAN FOR THE BLOG FEST!! TOO FUNNY! (Grandma J, would you seriously be able to come out here for it? I have no idea what it will entail other than meeting and having fun or how long it would be or even where, although I will offer up my house/yard/whatever.) Anyway, that's too darn funny!

More details on the blog fest tomorrow - we meet at noon today and wine is involved.....

I Am Woody said...

Hey, I knew she was famous but I didn't realize she was THAT famous!!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! I was so excited to see Big Hair Envy! I can't believe she is in a circular.

Are ipod shuffles only $48? That is a good deal. I think. I don't know anything about ipods. I did buy one for Quince's son. It was way more than $48. I think I need to move to Texas.

Unknown said...

HSH, No, that's not me...but I used to wear my hair like that a zillion years ago. Hula Hank is correct about my age, and the lady in the ad is a blogger called Big Hair Envy. Her blog is listed in my left hand column, along with Cool Breeze, who happens to be her husband.

Than you Hank, you sure know how to make a girl feel young.

CBW, of course I can make it to the blogapalooza or what ever you guys are calling it. I'm sure some of your local lurkers would like to "come out" are calling it. I'm driving to Denver the last week of March and staying for two weeks, but then I have no commitment. You guys pick a time, and on my travels bewtween Texas and Mathews, I can pick up anyone else who is on my way who wants to hitch a ride.
I have no idea what people do at those blogging events. You guys set a date, and I'll pack my comfort clothes to suit the season.

Rebeckah, I think all Walmarts have the same pricing...at least on the internet, with free shipping when you do site to store. You pick up at your local Walmart....and just for another shameless plug for Walmart...if you purchase anything that requires assembly, like computer desks, bikes etc, they assemble for free!

I. Woody, Yeah, who woulda thought BHE was so famous?

Anonymous said...

No. Way.

I need to call Wally World and find out when my paycheck is scheduled to arrive.

CBW & I had lunch and drank too much, um, planned the whole Blogapalooza today:) Wish you were there....

Jason, as himself said...

I'm glad this was cleared up for me!