Thursday, May 7, 2009

Her Buck...For His Cluck




Oprah is promoting KFC's new grilled chicken, by buying everyone a two piece meal at the Colonel's. Does anyone remember Oprah 's special last year where she exposed "the dark side of chicken factories"? That special earned her PETA's Person of The Year Award! Now Oprah is all about the dark side of a grilled chicken thigh.

Now about the free cluck. You all know how this excites Grandma J....and you know that she always shares printable coupons for free grub. This time she can't because someone ratted her out Oprah and the Colonel decided it would be one coupon per customer and they made sure Grandma J bloggers couldn't spread the coupon around the blogesphere like hot chili con pollo.

Here is the coupon, or rather a picture of the coupon.



*click to enlarge


That's right, it a picture of the coupon because the high security setting on this free offer make sure you never see the coupon until it's printed.....SER.I.OUS.LY.

Here is how it works........you go to Oprah's website, or KFC's,





*click to enlarge

First, make sure your local KFC is a participating location (see the green arrow?), then you click on the PRINT COUPON NOW..........

Make sure your printer is on, because this downloads the coupon "somewhere" and it should print out automatically.




*click to enlarge

Then you get a nice thank you!! But...if you want a second coupon you are out of cluck, I mean luck......



*click to enlarge

They won't let you. You get this little gotcha notice.
Now, print out our coupon, you have until the 19th to use it.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lead, Grandma J. They have made it so "secret society" I can't get the darn thing to print. I will keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I couldn't use my Google login. The above was from me.

MariaV.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Grandma J. is the best. I heart KFC and we have one about 15 miles away. How do you find out about these deals?

Pat Jenkins said...

way to remember oprah's "selective" chicken choices grandma j!!.... hey if it's free it's for me!......

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oprah is promoting the Colonel? WHAT????
Not a fan of KFC...not sure why, but I just never liked that place.
My big question is: why is Colonel pronounced like it has a R in it, when there is no R to be found?
Can you tell me? Can Oprah tell me?

Unknown said...

They need to bring back spicy recipe.

Mental P Mama said...

Coupon or no, I want to taste that!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You get an award for this one! Going to go see if I can print it! Thanks bunches!

M said...

Thanks Grandma J! BIG Foot loves a food freeeee-beee! Also, if you are a TEACHER, Chipolte Grill will give you a free burrito or other item from a list, FOR FREE today! Just show your teacher/staff card...for Teacher Appreciation Day!

Unknown said...

Kaishon is going to be SO so EXCITED. And Gary will be excited too. I will make them share : ). Have you tried it yet?

Anonymous said...

It is me or is Oprah looking kinda haggard these days. I think she looks better with short hair. Gotta go now, KFC web site is clucking me.

Dawn said...

did you go? did you try the new chicken?
Only Oprah would figure out how to only let us have OPNE coupon!

Linda said...

Boy, I wish we had a KFC close by. We did stop at one on the way to see the kids last week, and I had the new oven baked chicken. Yummy!

As to why Colonel sounds like it has an 'R' and it really doesn't is another reason kids have a hard time with spelling.

Chris said...

The Colonel rocks!