Friday, June 3, 2011

resilient

–adjective
1. springing back; rebounding.  
2. returning to original form or position after being bent, compressed, or stretched. 
3. recovering readily from illness, adversity, or the like; buoyant.


When Grandma J sees the word resilient, she thinks of Andrew. 
 After getting home from the ER in the wee hours of the morning, Andrew could have stayed home from school.  But even though he was still in pain, there was a project due that he was so proud of.
It's a  California relief map.  It's a baked cookie with edible topography.....YUM! 


Then, this afternoon, he joined his sisters in delivering the prayer blankets they made to CHOC.
Grandma J wants to thank you for all the prayers for Andrew. It really warms her heart.


xoxo Grandma J
** Late Night Update**  Guess where Andrew's headed?   It's not Disneyland.

 

12 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Definitely resilient! The ER? I hope everything is ok! They are good kids, huh?

Unknown said...

Oh no! Did he have to go back again. I have been so worried. Praying. Praying. Praying.

Connie said...

Such a sweet boy. He did a great job on his project. I hope he is doing OK this morning.

Caution/Lisa said...

That teacher better have given that beautiful project an A+ !!

Mark said...

What a trooper! I would have stayed home from school.
m.

Postcard Cindy said...

What a brave and thoughtful young man Andrew is. I am hoping he feels better after lasts nights run to ER.

Congrats on the dish towel from LMNOP! Without any help from me! I know you will love your towel just as much as I love mine. For some reason I couldn't leave a comment on Marey's blog. Sometimes I get really angry with Blogger.

Leave a Legacy said...

Oh, Andrew's map looks so good. In more ways than one! Hope he's doing OK. How sweet to deliver the prayer blankets!

Bluebird49 said...

An edible map--awesome, Andrew!

HalfAsstic.com said...

What a trooper! That? is dedication! And I'm sure it could possibly have something to do with sharing that project with friends after it's graded. ;-)

Mental P Mama said...

Keep us posted.....sending prayers. Lots of prayers.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I stayed home just thinking about all Andrew was going through. That boy is amazing.
Ummm....is he going to Texas????

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I bet that sweet boy is headed to Texas!! What a kid!
<><