Friday, September 20, 2013

A Blog Fest Reunion.......

....international style!

So, this post is really just for you, and you, since you are the only two who know Grandma J is back on the prowl.  Oh, and you are both my new BFFs.....just saying.

So, off I go to meet up with some blisters, old and new in Mathews, VA.  Jet Blue doesn't fly direct from Austin, Texas, so a stop over in Ft. Lauderdale is in the works. 

The airport is under a major expansion and the terminal is pretty much circa 1950 or maybe earlier.  OK, you Floridians, don't go hating on me yet, there will be plenty of time for that now that I'm back.
Since I have a long layover, I sit next to the only outlet I can find to charge my iPhone. 

Turns out it's a blank........maybe even a decoy. 
 But you all know Grandma J doesn't pass up an opportunity to turn a blank into a live wire. OK, that was a dud but I'm rusty.....geesh!

 I watched as one by one, people would spot the gem of an outlet and rush to the coveted empty seat next to it, hoping no one else would grab it first.   I would tell them that it didn't work but after a while I got tired of being the outlet monitor......so I just watched.

as she sat down and fumbled for her charger......

Then she did the same......sad, so sad.  
But you know, entertainment is at a premium when you're stuck in an airport terminal with very limited amenities.  

Finally ready to leave Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport with this beautiful sunset amidst the looming thunder clouds that graciously waited for us to leave.

Catch you later from Mathews, VA.......

Don't worry, Grandma J knows this blog needs some remodeling and once she gets back home to her BFF JJ-Dog, she'll work on it...at her own pace.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I hope you have a fun time on your trip. I wish your plane had a layover in Philly, because you know I would be there in a flash to spend some time with you! A flash!

Unknown said...

I said it yesterday but it didn't post. So I'm saying it again, loud and clear. I LOVE YOU BECKY! And those two men of yours too.

Jamie said...

Looking forward to meeting you! Safe travels

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm letting you get away with that snarky comment about the airport....it's NOT my airport. Mine is in Ft. Myers. :)
Safe travels and have a great time!!!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back posting, I have really missed you!

Postcard Cindy

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

It was wonderful seeing you! Thanks so much to you and Phillip Johnny Bob for making the long journey. The Gator may never be the same.