Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Bit of Nostalgia
...some of the things they thought mom wanted or needed.

 


(click on pictures to enlarge)
Of course Mother looks good!  Who wouldn't after slaving away with all those appliances...especially the wringer washing machine




But before you go spending money on expensive appliances, a woman has to know how to cook.   That's why it's important that they have some lessons like Peggy did, about making stuff like real mayonaise.



Now if Mom is mature and ready for some thing dangerous luxurious....straight from a man's world, buy her a Chrysler.




.....or a Mercury because women want a car strictly for beauty and comfort.




That's why car dealers are offering classes for women ....but nothing too technical.



Just be careful  to take away those car keys and keep your distance if she's having one of her black days!

Now for a bit of mother humor from the past.....

Oh yeah, Mom looks like a party animal!!




The talk I'm glad my mother Rita never had with me.   Seriously.....whose mother did?
And lastly.......


Grandma J thinks her suit is kind of cute, but do you know a man or boy who would wear one of these suits?

Happy Mother's Day to all the blogging moms!!

and if I borrowed one of your photos, thank you.
 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Grandma J! Thanks for the cute post today. Love the bathing trunks!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!
I would love that bathing suit! Seriously it is cute...yet I would not match my kids suit or even venture to put the Captain in that European thing!
XXOO, lMnop

Connie said...

Funny post, Grandma J! Wishing you a happy Mother's Day! :D

Karen Deborah said...

Cute post! Happy mothers day to ya! Love those swim suits. any guy with buns that cute could wear anykind of suit and look grrrrrrr-eat!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha HA! I am pretty sure I am going to try to find Gary and Kaish a suit like that this instant : ).

A wringer washing machine? I would die...

I hope your Mothers day was fabulous. You are a great mother if ever there was one. I can just tell!

Nadya said...

What a breath from the past! Fun to remember how it 'used to be' - & OH! We're all dashing out for suits like that - & a comfy car, no doubt!
happy Mother's Day to you as well!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so funny...I can't believe they let women drive back then. :)
Happy Mother's day to you GJ!!!

Daryl said...

I wish I could read the Zonite ad blurb .. I am wondering if I would learn something I didnt know ..

Fabulous collection .. you are so good at finding these old ads .. I bet back in the 50s those trunks were all the rage in CT

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love matching swimsuits!!!If I could find them I'd make my whole family wear them!!! I'm a dork like that..........

HalfAsstic.com said...

Bwahahaha! Very cute!