Wednesday, May 14, 2008


SHE SAID WHAT?

Yesterday I was surfing around the blogesphere and came to Madame X's website. It's one of my favorites to check every day, but today was different because, well, she told about this news anchor who dropped the F bomb when the network went to commercial. She posted the video, and I played it over and over as it turns out this video made it's way to lots of places on the web. People all over this country were listening to this anchor say, "What the F--- are you doing?"
So, without much ado, this anchor immediately said "I'm so sorry" made a public apology later on the late night news. She said she realized she said a word off camera, that may offend some people....now, I can honestly say I try not to cuss, and while it doesn't shock me to here the F bomb, especially since I listened to it over and over yesterday it's not part of my basic vocabulary. I started to wonder if maybe I wasn't a little bit out of touch with the general population. So I did a little snooping around, and this is what I found:

Yeah, I'll make a mental note to call this guy the next time my toilet overflows.

Maybe this is really an environmental license plate? Wouldn't you really rather drive a Buick? You go, Oregon!
And hey, let's be really PC and not forget the hard of hearing. Or is it hearing impaired?

Truth be told? I would understand completely if this poor gal let the F bomb fly. Because really? This job can't possibly pay enough!
And when this cute and crazy little puppy dog named Toby showed us his new trick on national TV?
She was way ready to say it....yeah, don't tell me she didn't feel like sayig it too! Because she way wanted to.

6 comments:

Suzie said...

this TV person comes across as arrogant and demanding so the dropping the f bomb didn't surprise anyone it just we don't expect to hear it on local tv...HBO maybe.

Mx said...

hahahahhahhah...
I have to have the 'Tee' shirt!

Karen said...

Every time I hear that woman scream "Toby" on that commercial, I jump ten feet. Maybe my kids have the tv too loud.

DeeDee said...

Don't understand why people get so uptight if they hear the "F-bomb" on television. It's not like they have never ever said it before. Sometimes screaming out a good FUCK makes everything all better. Go ahead and try it, I'll wait.







See I told you so! I'm jealous of the license plate. I would LOVE to have that on my car!!

In case you didn’t know, I found your blog through DadGoneMad. I've posted a complete list of everyone who left their blog link on his Big Big Stars post a while back in a post of my own in April called Blog Rolling With My Homies over on my blog, so if you want to see it come on over and sit a spell. I don't bite..…that hard anyway!

If you did know just overlook this and pretend I said something funny since my brain feels like mush from trying to comment on all 217 on the list because somebody had the bright idea to challenge me to it!!

foolery said...

When I hear that ad I always think, MAN, what does she do when her child brings home a D on a test? Or when someone cuts her off on the freeway? lighten up, Frances, it ain't rocket science -- and yu've set the bar pretty low for an all-out melt-down, dontcha think?

Funny stuff, GJ -- hope all is well in your world after your harrowing night. Are you going to write about it? Thinking of you and hoping you are sleeping peacefully!

-- Laurie

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post! I think I got side tracked by the video and never finished reading it!