Thursday, July 24, 2008


VINTAGE THINGIE THURSDAY

I was visiting
the sistas and they are participating in this "share something old" meme, mimi or yo mama.

So I decided to head on over to
Confessions of an Apron Queen and add my name to the list and show something old. No, it's not a body part, but that could work in a pinch.

Since Thursday is almost over, I had to rush...but that doesn't mean I don't have a real gem for you! It's a very very old cast iron scale that weighs in Stones. Here's what it says about stones v. pounds. Like I can really figure that out? I gave up on metric a long time ago, lets not get into stones, rocks, and boulders.



I found this in an antique shop in Julian CA back in 1983. I paid a good price, but I still love it,even though it weighs a ton.



Don't forget to check in tomorrow, afternoon. I have some medical stuff to tell you about a very special family member.

10 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

Oh my gosh. How cool is that! All my body parts are vintage too. I'll spare the blogsosphere the disgust though & keep them to myself! :) Thank you so much fpr joining in. Look forward to seeing you again next wk. Ya'll are a hoot.

M said...

Ohhhh the scale is cool! And I LOVE Julian! Did you go to Tom's Chicken Shack way back when? It was my favorite place to eat...and ring the bells and see the huge dogs out front...and eat the best friend chicken ever! But the owners sold out ...and when we went there 3 summers ago it just wasn't the same :(

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

I like a scale that only goes up to 14 I would stand on there and not even care what it said. I'm too lazy to do the math so, there you go.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

I love old stuff-- except old body parts-- and I love that scale.

I am sure there are some Rita items and more stories that would make good entries. A picture of her car alone would be priceless.

The Traveling Yogi said...

That's a pretty cool scale! Does it work to weigh your luggage before you travel so you don't have to pay extra?? You've got quite the list of blogs on your site. I need to check them out (well, not really because I don't have extra time, but who cares).

Keeper Of All Things said...

Stones.....We should just stuck with that.....then we wouldn't even have the metric system!

heartshapedhedges said...

Medical info? Im guessing JJ is getting a vasectomy.

Perhaps he's been getting too "Friendly" with the lady dogs.

JEWELGIRL said...

Any idea how old that scale is?
It is really cool, never have seen
anything like it!

Unknown said...

I have no idea how old the scale is. I think the company still exists in London.

Unknown said...

I love your scale too! I love any scale that can't weigh me : ). Love it. Love it. Love it.