Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where Did The Day Go?


Sometimes I find myself mesmerized by stuff like this buzzard sitting on a roof. Of course, that's after I chased him away from a dead squirrel in the road. Then I'm reminded that I've just wasted four hours staring down a friggin buzzard when I could have been blogging.

So, that's why I'm posting this poem for ya'll. I'm thoughtful like that.



Cleaning Poem

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been blogging
And I had to answer 'yes.'

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work..
I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site.
That I got SO way into it.
I was into it all night.

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.

8 comments:

Hula Hank said...

Fantastic poem! Perfect for stitching on a pillow!

It is always important to have a squeaky clean mouse!

Philly said...

I wasted 8 hours one day trying to get a duck and it's 6 babies out of my pool.

Busy Bee Suz said...

The story of my life!!!!! How did you know I am behind in my house chores????

I came home one day and pulled into the driveway and I had about 4 buzzards on my roof. Scary. I wanted to go elsewhere, but did not where to go. I thought it was a sign, but they left and I lived.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Awesome poem! It is imperative to have a shiny mouse. Mine is so shiny I have to wear protective eye gear when I blog.

We have a herd (for lack of a better term, they're not a flock, they're more like buffalo than birds) of buzzards living in the silo of my parents' barn. If you ever need up-close-and-personal pictures, just let me know.

Tins and Treasures said...

Great poem...Yes...must get to the housework today, as the girls will be coming home from college this coming weekend!

Tabby @ ♥I Choose Bliss♥ said...

Hi Grandma J ~ I have something for you over at my blog! Happy Sunday!

Life with Kaishon said...

You are the coolest. I need to do some house work since Naji, Sabria and Kaish have ransacked the house. HOLY CANOLI! Lots of broken stuff everywhere I look. I love those reckless children.

Geri said...

I occasionally get buzzards on my roof too! However, I'm too lazy to go out and chase them away.