Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Better Late

...or maybe not


In case anyone was wondering.  Grandma J did not forget about A to Z Mondays yesterday.  It was D day...and she specifically decided to use DREAMS as her D word. Or to be more specific, one certain dream.

I can see some of you sitting on the edge of your chairs, bracing yourself for something steamy. Well, relax because the particular dream for D Day would be whatever Grandma J dreamt about Sunday night. You know, so it would be current....fresh!



So, Grandma J took a swig of Nyquil to relax her mind...and off to bed she went.  Now, just so you know, lately the dreams have taken on visions of great wealth luxuries....





...like winning the lottery. But that's not what happened Sunday night.  No, no dreams of wealth or mink coats  fast cars.  Nothing exciting or steamy as in involving sex.


In fact, Grandma J's dream was so bizarre she's embarrassed to even tell you what it was about. Actually it was about a who. And, the who was a man. AND, it was about a man that Grandma J didn't know, and didn't give a hoot about. Are you ready? Seriously, I have been putting off even posting this...but I'm sort of committed to this A to Z Monday thing.






Yes, it's JoS. A. BANK. Who the H.E. double toothpicks is he?   OK, so I know if I buy a suit from him I get four pair of socks for free or a tie.


Do you know what I dreamt about him?  This is the really bizarre part.  I dreamt that I had to find his college transcripts or they would pull his ads off TV.   I don't think I ever found them.   So why are his ads still running? And who dreams this kind of stuff?

Anyone else have strange dreams?

12 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Dreams are CRAZY! The last dream I remember I wrote a jingle that was in a magazine. It was pretty good.
Nyquil, ahhh, I love Nyquil!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

LEt's not overlook the fact that a BANK is where money is kept, so perhaps there was a dual meaning: banking related to your money dreams and the letter D because it's a department store (just play along if it isn't).

The very reason I'm up at five a.m. instead of 5:30 a.m. is due to a dream. It was not pleasant and involved a car pulling a Pepsi trailer behind it (play along) going way too fast. CB Mother and I were in the car ahead of it, and CBM was freaking out that the car was going to injure someone (us). The car ended up speeding past us (with the trailer gone) and going through the window of Bernard Cannon's Oil building nearby, only it wasn't an oil building people were inside eating and we could see the car plow through the window and take out some people in there.

I'm calling a therapist now. And I'm definitely not drinking any more Pepsi at work. No more tacos before bed either.

Caution/Lisa said...

I hope you got a great deal on a suit before he realized that his transcripts were lost forever.

Last night I dreamed that our doctor kept asking to sit on my lap during a visit. Nothing kinky; she was just tired.

Linda said...

I DiDn't Dream last night! At least I Don't remember any. I even haD a Pepsi and taco's for Dinner. (I was going to say supper, but I wanteD another D.)

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so funny!!!! I think you have to turn off that particular channel...get Mr. Bank off your tv.
I always have weird dreams.
I did have one a while ago that you were with my family and I at Disney world. That was not weird I suppose...just funny.

Deb said...

who knows why we dream of such craziness! tell me...did you eat something crazy right before bedtime??? sardines and peanut butter? no, wait, that would mean you are preggers! Gah!

big hair envy said...

Awwww! Grandma J has a wittle crush on Mr. Bank;)

I haven't had any dreams lately. Perhaps it's because I don't get to sleep long enough at a stretch for dreams to form. Night before last, the cat and/or dog woke me up at 1:30, 2:30, 3:25, 3:30 and 5:30 to go in/out. They are on my "Naughty List" right now....

Daryl said...

Ummm .. could you work on getting transcripts for some of the other more annoying pitchmen on TV so they too have to stop bothering us in the middle of a good story?

Jen said...

Happy belated Monday Grandma J!
I'm a daydreamer myself.

Anonymous said...

My favorite dreams are about being a world class video game player.

Colin

Unknown said...

That is seriously bizarre! And so funny. Holy Cow! : ) So totally funny. You know, I don't have dreams any more. I used to have fun dreams about people I knew and activities we were doing but now I don't. I wonder why. I am sure something is psychologically wrong with me. I will try to think about Jospeph A. Banks before I go to sleep and hopefully he will appear in my dream tonight. You know I always want to be more like you!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I had quiet a few of "those dreams" while I was on Chantix to quit smoking. That's all I'm saying about me sleeping with everyone in the county.
<><