Tuesday, June 3, 2008


DEAR MR. WALLYWORLD,

I placed an order recently on the Internet. It was for a USB cable for my Sony MP something player. You don't carry these in your stores, because people steal them it's all about the "i" products in your electronics department. I understand, and so right there in the middle of your store, I jump on your computer and order the cable using your Site to Store option, saving me shipping charges. That was last Friday. So fast forward to today, You send me an email telling me to "come and get it". That was fast and very much appreciated because my MP thingy is dead, out of juice.

I jump in my car and drive the 4.7 miles each way to your store, wondering if the shipping charges would have been cheaper that the gas. Let's see, almost ten miles, with gas at $4.83 per gallon to your store...my head hurts, you do the math.

So, I park, go in, wander aimlessly to the back of the store to your Site to Store counter. I get my cable, stop to pick up a case of water and some batteries. I make it out to my car and guess what happened?

I can't believe it either. It's bird poop. I wasn't sure at first, because..HELLO? Do I put my hand in my hair to find out what just fell out of the sky? Would that put all doubts out of my mind? Once I'm in my car, I look in the rear view mirror...not pretty.

Now, Mr. W., your probably wondering why I'm sharing this with you, right? Well, I see signs like this everywhere.
As the grandmother part time guardian to a dog named JJ, I understand it's my obligation to properly collect and dispose of any poop he deposits in public or on an other's property.

I would appreciate it if you would do the same and post signs like this on your property. As a precautionary warning.
And maybe at least tell me how I shampoo my hair without touching it.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Love,

Grandma J

9 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hysterical!

Ahem, I mean, oh, that's so disgusting, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! I agree! It's so gross but hilarious all in one breath!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

That is fabulous! I was expecting a terrible customer service story and got that. I love it. Of course, I am sorry about the poop, but it makes for a good post. :)

Holy Crappers said...

This is where your Shamwow would of came in handy !!

Sista #1

The Traveling Yogi said...

Yuck! What a day that must have been.

M said...

I am up to my arm pits in duck poop- BUT thank goodness it isn't on my head!!

I have ordered from Wally World on line w/50 cent shipping on some items....and I never had to leave my desk....can't beat that!

Anonymous said...

Gross!!!!!!! Should have paid the shipping. Ha Ha
Carol (lurker)

heartshapedhedges said...

I thought it was a pretty flower, and I thought, Wow, Grandma J has only been retired for 1 year and she is already starting in with the large, floral accessories.

Karen said...

I love those signs. The thought of having to touch that gives me chills.