Saturday, June 13, 2009


A Summer Saturday


Grandma J could have traveled to Giddings Texas for a AAU Track Meet that her granddaughter was competing in, or stayed on the home front with A-Ron who had morning baseball practice.





So she stayed home and took A-Ron to practice, and her middle daughter went to Giddings for the track meet.


Practice ended at one, and we headed straight to McD's for A-Ron's lunch because Grandma J had a salad at home....BUT! They decided not to go home, but headed straight for the theatre to see a movie.




We both agreed that Land Of The Lost sounded good. Grandma J was a bit leery because we all know about Will Ferrell and his language can be pretty raunchy, but the movie was rated PG, and A-Ron isn't a baby anymore....




He treated his grandma to ice cream at $3.50 a scoop. She had a double scoop of butter pecan.




Since they still had over 30 minutes before the show started, they grabbed a table to sit and eat their ice cream......yeah, by they, Grandma J means she....because A-Ron wandered off.




To play arcade games. ummmm hello, your ice cream is melting.



And at what age do boys lean over an empty cup to catch the drippings?

So, who wants to know about the movie?

I was hoping no one would ask because I can't even begin to review this movie. It was probably budgeted at $9.95 and their was some change left over. It was terrible......the story line was about traveling in time, but not back in time or forward in time, but sideways in time.

The cast of four, and one being a monkey-ish person/thing, ran from one scene to another, being chased or dousing themselves in dinosaur urine. Honestly it was so bad Grandma J caught A-Ron with his shirt pulled up over his head so he could text someone....he was bored.

Here....take a look......


This is an example of how lame the movie was. she actually thought there was something on the other side of the door. If you go see this movie and like it, please tell me why.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, even though this film was NOT on my list of movies to see. I went to see "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3"......good flick and John Travolta rocks.

#1

Tins and Treasures said...

Butter Pecan would be my first choice also...haven't been to a movie in the theatre in ages!! Happy Flag Day ~Natalie

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Thanks for the heads up on the movie GJ!
Speaking of Land of the Lost...Any word on PJB?

Pat Jenkins said...

i ahve never liked any of will ferrell's movies. thanks to you i will stay far away for this too!!... how did your grandaughter do?

Busy Bee Suz said...

I would never let my icecream drip on the table..only in my mouth.
I had a feeling this was going to be bad..the original show was made terribly and I was a kid and realized this. :)
You have to start using http://www.rottentomatoes.com/
It is reviews by real people and critics. They have a tomato meter, the higher the % the more people liked the movie. I use this as my scientific research. I tell the kids that if the movie does not get a 65% or higher, they can wait till it comes out on DVD....I hate wasting money.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I just checked on Rotten tomatoes..and this movie got only a 29% positive. NOT GOOD. but you already found this out.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

The TV show was bad and creepy. I thought maybe Will Ferrell would make it funny, but thanks for the review. I will save myself $10 on that one. The ice cream looked good though!

Unknown said...

I am sad to say that Gary still drips at the age of 37 : ). At least when we are at home. I am sure he does not drip out in public. Oh wait, we NEVER get to go out in public since he is ALWAYS working lately....

I am glad you could spend some time with ARod : ). He is the cutest!

I had cappacino crunch ice cream today at lunch and it was SO good. I want a whole gallon.

Unknown said...

Pat, I'm about to stop seeing Will Ferrell movies altogether.

Suz, I always check Rotten Tomatoes before narrowing my choices. Sometimes I let you guys decide before I check, but then I know enough to take some tylenol before going. On occasion RT and I don't agree, so maybe they should check with ME! HA! I like their TV show too, but don't catch it often.

Pumpkin, I'm so glad I saved you $10. That's enough ice cream for you and a friend! Too bad I live so far away :)

CGS said...

Glad for the review. My hubby wanted to see it but now he can wait for Netflix. He wants to see Transformers 2 more anyway (and so do I. =)

mdvelazquez said...

That sucks. I'm not big Ferrell fan, so I probably would have given it a miss.

P.S. Your background says bandwidth exceeded.

Anonymous said...

So is that one lost dinosuar or zero for the rating? I thought it sounded horrible all along. Atleast you got to hang with A-Ron.