Sunday, April 20, 2008

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL....AND MY "END" IS WELL


I really don't mind having my tush prodded and poked. Its never really painful, and I don't have to face the doctor, unlike having a pelvic exam...aka vaginal prodding. The bad and irritating part of the whole scenario is the prep. The colon flush which I will be kind enough to leave at just that. Having nothing by mouth, like yea, how else do I ingest my food or beverage, unless I'm on a feeding tube for close to 30 hours is no picnic and extremely stressful. Even though they say you can have clear liquids, they really mean you can have water up until a few hours before the procedure. A nurse once told me that I could get away with having a cup of black coffee the morning of the procedure, chased by a glass of water and no one would know the difference. So that is what I did. I have black coffee before routine blood tests too....and yes I lie when they ask me.

By the way, just an observation, not to dis my doctor, but has anyone else ever noticed how happy their doctor is during this procedure? My doctor was humming....yes.he.was.humming.

OK, so I survived the whole thing, and couldn't wait to get out of there and get something to eat. Something good...like a nice pastrami on rye from Jason's deli. I order "to go" and, because it's still early, I decided to check out what's playing at the movie theatres next door. I love going to matinees because I can sit where ever I want and laugh as loud as I want without having to practically sit on someone's lap. I can also bring my own lunch without jealous people getting annoyed by the smell of pastrami on rye, or a taco salad.

I think there may have been ten people in the whole theatre....well, by whole theatre, I mean theatre #7. There are fourteen theatres in all.

So I sit in row two, center. Row one is handicap, and has a rail behind it so the people in row two can't put their feet up and kick them in the head on the back of the seats. This is the reason I sit in row two.....so I can put my feet up on the rail.

The movie is funny, but not hysterically funny. Jason Segel, as usual is funny throughout the whole movie.


And this guy. I love this guy. Jonah Hill.

He is a riot. I was laughing before he said anything. It's his whole personna. I want to see him starring in something. But anyway, the movie is rated R. The only reason it's rated R is because we get to see Jason Segel's pee pee...several times. Nothing sexy or erotic about it either....actually rather pitiful and goofyish. So the rating is a non issue as far as I'm concerned. I liked the movie, but it starts dragging towards the end and that's when I get bored and really want an ice cream cone.


So, I have to say, after all the hype and rave reviews over Forgetting Sarah Marshall, it was a bit of a let down....and I gave it this.



3 comments:

M said...

Happy Endings!
My niece teaches in So. Cal- infact she lives just blocks from Heart Shaped Hedges...but she will be moving to WA in July.- I am off to shop....not what I like to do but it is a way downtown since we don't have a car :)

Anonymous said...

I like the first Saturday morning movie because no one is up yet and I bring in some tacos from Taco Cabana and enjoy with my feet up on the chair in front of me. Then if I'm feeling REALLY crazy (and have nothing to do), I'll sneak into a second movie! ;)

Anonymous said...

Going to the movies is a very few and far between thing for us.
Your review* has enabled me to move Forgetting Sarah Marshall towards the end of the line.

Thank you.

*If you could check out Baby Mama for me that would be great.;)