Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Topsy Turvy




¡uʍop ǝpısdn
ƃuıuɹnʇ sı plɹoʍ ʎɯ

Lately Grandma J has been having blogger's block.  She has had mucho anxiety and was hoping it was related to spending two hours a day doing leg squats in a heavily chlorinated public pool.

Or maybe it was the sound of the aqua aerobics instructor yelling, pull that belly button back until it touches your spine, at the top of her lungs.

Grandma J had also had bad dreams about searching for a lost JJ, across the vast deserts of Arizona....only to have to fight off a plethora of Javelinas. 

The only way she can describe this turmoil in her life is topsy turvy.

Which definition of topsy turvy do you think best describes Grandma J's current condition?

–adverb
1.with the top where the bottom should be; upside down.
2.in or into a reversed condition or order.
3.in or into a state of confusion or disorder.

–adjective
4.turned upside down; inverted; reversed: a topsy-turvy reflection.
5.confused or disorderly: a topsy-turvy classroom.

–noun
6.inversion of the natural order.
7.a state of confusion or disorder.




16 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to go with number 6. Everything is going to be a ok! JJ is going to miss you. I miss you. And I have never even met you : )

My belly button can not get to my back. I took Kaish and Shoshi to the pool over spring break and I thought of you as I walked back and forth a few times. I did not pretend there was a screaming instructor. I can't take screaming.

I DO IT ALL THE TIME THOUGH.

That was a scream :)

Anonymous said...

Su vida loca, chica!

Colin

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you're feeling topsy turvey and suffereing from writer's block. I hate that.
JJ isn't really lost is he? Just a dream?

heartshapedhedges said...

what is going on? are they moving? are you? You really should,, what in the world are you going to do in TX without JJ??

Connie said...

Well, my question to you is how do you get your skirt to stay in place like that when you are standing on your head!!? ;)

Sorry to hear things are in a state of confusion for you right now. Hope things get sorted out for you soon.

Busy Bee Suz said...

7
The state of confusion....this often happens in the spring time in the lone star state!!!
exercising 2 hours a day? you are awesome.

Linda said...

Arghhhh....I thought my eyes were crazy this morning when I opened your blog!

You must be in a state of confusion, instead of the State of Texas! Go home, get some rest, and stay away from chlorine...it is a poison you know!

Mental P Mama said...

I think JJ should just stay in Texas. That's what I think.

Daryl said...

I got nuttin' but I do think JJ needs to stay put

I Am Woody said...

Damn javelinas!!

HalfAsstic.com said...

I feel like the state of confusion and disorder sounds like what you're going through, right now. Maybe talking about it on your post and getting it out in the open will stop the bad dreams? I hope so!

Jen said...

This makes me sad.

Shelley Jaffe said...

I'ma gonna go with noun.

Or lifestyle.

OK, I'm not sure anymore.

Big Hair Envy said...

I'm going along with the "Keep JJ" crowd. He will have a blast at Blog Fest!!

Jeanie said...

I'm going with #3 or #7 because the seem to cover it all. I actually came over because Karen at Fresh Fixins sent me here from a post I just wrote about a friend whose 5 year old son has just been diagnosed with Leukemia. I couldn't find an e-mail for you, so I came here. Any insight or information you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Susannah said...

Hang in there, darling lady. Maybe try yoga instead of swimming pool bootcamp? Yeah. Try yoga; nobody screams.

Hang in there. ;)